Pond surface aerators or bubblers are very good to use in shallow ponds that may currently be stagnant or suffering from things like algae or smelly odors. This particular type of aerator is also often called a high oxygen transfer unit because it creates a very aggressive bubbling action at the surface of the pond. This is where oxygen can enter into the water.
A surface bubbler also has an advantage of being able to work in very shallow water. Minimum depths range from 15" on the 2400 up to about 20" on the 8400 system.
All Kasco pond aerators are self-contained, lightweight units that float at the surface with a single power cord returning to shore and two or three mooring lines anchoring the unit. The units are easily installed and maintained by a single person and have proven to be an excellent choice for both continuous duty pond or lake aeration and supplemental aeration for unique applications.
Typical applications include commercial aquaculture, agricultural ponds, industrial plants, municipal waste water and backyard ponds. These units are typically selected for surface aeration when a decorative fountain pattern is neither necessary nor desired. Auburn University has performed independent product tests and has found that Kasco’s aerators’ SAE (Standard Aeration Efficiency) is at least 3.0 lbs. of oxygen per horsepower per hour of operation, making them some of the most efficient and effective units available.
Features And Benefits
- Efficient / Low Power Use: Highest efficiency design for low power consumption versus competing units. Reduces operating costs over the entire life of the unit.
- Rugged Motor: Environmentally friendly design with a hard-face internal mechanical seal for protection against leaks. Long-life top and bottom ball bearings. Flood oil lubricated for excellent heat dissipation.
- Corrosion Resistant: Superior dependability in salt-water or other corrosive environments. All external metal motor, float, and hardware components are of stainless steel composition and protected by a sacrificial zinc anode.
- Low Maintenance: Clean the motor housing once or twice per year and replacing the sacrificial zinc anode when visibly corroded.
- Fully Tested: ETL listed to stringent UL and CSA Safety Standards.
- Ships Easily: Via UPS
- Dependable: Backed by a two-year warranty (three-year warranty for the 2, 3, and 5HP).
All models include a float and two (or three) 50′ braided nylon mooring ropes and are available with 50′, 100′, 150′, or 200′ (250′, 300′, 400′, or 500′ for 240V models) SJTOW underwater rated electrical power cords.