The Kasco 8400AF pond aerator is a powerful tool to help increase circulation and oxygenation in a pond of 2 acres or less. Due to it's aggressive bubbling action, it has a very high transfer rate of oxygen into the water.
The 2 HP motor draws 9.0 amps on a 240v power supply. Minimum operational depth is 20" making it a great tool for even very shallow ponds.
Like all the Kasco aerator packages, this one includes a float and two 50′ braided nylon mooring ropes and it's available with a 50′, 100′, 150′, or 200′ SJTOW underwater rated electrical power cord.
All Kasco pond aerators are self-contained, lightweight units that float at the surface with a single power cord returning to shore and two or three mooring lines anchoring the unit. The units are easily installed and maintained by a single person and have proven to be an excellent choice for both continuous duty pond or lake aeration and supplemental aeration for unique applications.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Efficient / Low Power Use: Highest efficiency design for low power consumption versus competing units. Reduces operating costs over the entire life of the unit.
- Rugged Motor: Environmentally friendly design with a hard-face internal mechanical seal for protection against leaks. Long-life top and bottom ball bearings. Flood oil lubricated for excellent heat dissipation.
- Corrosion Resistant: Superior dependability in salt-water or other corrosive environments. All external metal motor, float, and hardware components are of stainless steel composition and protected by a sacrificial zinc anode.
- Low Maintenance: Clean the motor housing once or twice per year and replacing the sacrificial zinc anode when visibly corroded.
- Fully Tested: ETL listed to stringent UL and CSA Safety Standards.
- Ships Easily: Via UPS
- Dependable: Backed by a two-year warranty (three-year warranty for the 2, 3, and 5HP).
All models include a float and two (or three) 50′ braided nylon mooring ropes and are available with 50′, 100′, 150′, or 200′ (250′, 300′, 400′, or 500′ for 240V models) SJTOW underwater rated electrical power cords.
**It is strongly suggested to add the optional bottom screen to this aerator if your pond has a fair amount of debris in it that might clog the device. You can find the add-on bottom screen under the related products tab shown above.