Fast delivery, system seems well made and works great.
The Kasco Marine RA1 diffused aerator will cover any pond up to about 1 to 1.5 acres depending on the depth. The compressor can work effectively down to 50' of depth.
Effective aeration can be achieved in 1/4 acre ponds 5 to 8 feet deep, 1/2 acre ponds 8 to 12 feet deep, and 1 to 2 acre ponds 12 to 16+ feet deep.
Contact us if you have questions about fitting the right aeration system for your pond.
The 1/4 HP compressor draws 2.5 amps on a 115v set up and 1.2 amps on the optional 230v power supply (contact us if you require 230v).
Air output is 3.2 CFM's at 10psi.
The Robust-Aire RA1 system:
• One KM-60 model ¼ HP Teich-Aire compressor. Cabinet is optional (weather protection for the pump is required).
• One, 100 foot roll of 3/8 inch Sure Sink weighted tubing. Need more airline? Get it here!
• Robust Aire diffuser assembly
The standard RA1 package comes with a fully weather proof, lockable, powder coated steel, ground based cabinet, cooling fan, and accessories to provide full protection for the compressor system. A pole mounted cabinet option is also available and can be mounted on a 4x4 post. And finally, if you have a building or structure near the pond already you may choose to get the RA1 system without any cabinet and it will work fine as long as you keep the compressor dry and well ventilated for cooling.
Kasco Aeration uses superior diffuser materials and design. Robust-Aire has been tested alongside 6 other leading designs by 4 other manufacturers. Between 10 and 44% more
water flow was induced with the same volume of air injected into the water column. The system simply creates more water flow to aerate the pond with the same amount of air and energy making it the most efficient on the market.
This is the result of an efficient diffuser which allows air to escape at a very low pressure, to produce smaller bubbles with less friction loss. The bubbles are approximately 3mm in diameter. The U-shaped design and placement of the four diffusers enhances the upward flow of water. The diffuser material is durable and cleanable. While nothing is maintenance free, seasonal cleaning of the diffusers in order to maintain efficiency is easy. The hydrophobic material
partially repels growth films and can be cleaned with a rag or gloved hand.
Teich-Aire rocking piston compressors
• Provide efficient, continuous-duty operation with minimal maintenance and quiet operation. Units are extremely quiet.
• Included pressure relief valve
• Air filter with replaceable cartridge
• Sound level is less than: 70 dB without cabinet (Window air conditioner), 65 dB with cabinet and acoustic sound proofing (Normal conversation) Updated June 2020 - Now 34% quieter with the new air filter intake module!
• Safely starts under pressure. Maximum operating depth 40 feet.
Lifetime (increased from 5 years)
Ask it below and we'll provide the answer!