It works amazing for our 10' deep 1.3 acer pond , like it a lot. The only possible complaint may be the base still vibrates pretty good, which however was fixed by setting it on a piece of scrap carpet.
This Kasco RA2 aeration system is a very good kit that has everything you need to aerate a pond from around 1 to 3 acres in size (depending on the depth).
Effective aeration can be achieved in 1 acre ponds 5 to 8 feet deep, 2 acre ponds 8 to 12 feet deep, and 3 acre ponds 12 to 16+ feet deep.
Contact us with your surface area and depth information and we can suggest the best fitting system for your pond.
The Teich-Aire compressor can work down to depths of 50'.
The 1/4 HP compressor draws 2.5 amps on a 115v set up and 1.2 amps on the optional 230v power supply (contact us if you require 230v).
Air output is 3.2 CFM's at 10psi.
This system includes:
The Robust-Aire RA2 system:
• One KM-60 model ¼ HP Teich-Aire compressor. Cabinet is optional.
• Dual port aluminum manifold with valves
• Two, 100 foot rolls of 3/8 inch Sure Sink weighted tubing
• Two Robust Aire diffuser assemblies
The standard RA2 package comes with a fully weather proof, lockable, powder coated steel, ground based cabinet, cooling fan, and accessories to provide full protection for the compressor system. A pole mounted cabinet option is also available and can be mounted on a 4x4 post. And finally, if you have a building or structure near the pond already you may choose to get the RA2 system without any cabinet and it will work fine as long as you keep the compressor dry and well ventilated for cooling.
Kasco Aeration uses superior diffuser materials and design. Robust-Aire has been tested alongside 6 other leading designs by 4 other manufacturers. Between 10 and 44% more
water flow was induced with the same volume of air injected into the water column. The system simply creates more water flow to aerate the pond with the same amount of air and energy making it the most efficient on the market.
This is the result of an efficient diffuser which allows air to escape at a very low pressure, to produce smaller bubbles with less friction loss. The bubbles are approximately 3mm in diameter. The U-shaped design and placement of the four diffusers enhances the upward flow of water. The diffuser material is durable and cleanable. While nothing
is maintenance free, seasonal cleaning of the diffusers in order to maintain efficiency is easy. The hydrophobic material partially repels growth films and can be cleaned with a rag or gloved hand.
Teich-Aire rocking piston compressors
• Provide efficient, continuous-duty operation with minimal maintenance and quiet operation. Units are extremely quiet.
• Included pressure relief valve
• Air filter with replaceable cartridge
• Sound level is less than: 70 dB without cabinet (Window air conditioner), 65 dB with cabinet and acoustic sound proofing (Normal conversation) Updated June 2020 - Now 34% quieter with the new air filter intake module!
• Safely starts under pressure. Maximum operating depth 40 feet.
Lifetime (increased from 5 years)