Hydraulic Fracturing Pond Aeration
Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking extraction is highly dependent on water.
Reclaiming or reusing the valuable water can provide a great savings in both cost, and in the resource itself.
Aeration is a valuable, inexpensive, cost saving tool in this process.
Aeration benefits include...
- oxidizing sulfide reducing bacteria, which mitigates hydrogen sulfide odors
- helps to stabilize pH
- helps to strip hydrocarbon gases and volatile compounds
- oxidizes metals so they can be filtered or settled
- prevents sludge buildup and surface matting
- and it enhances evaporation
American Aeration has carefully chosen the systems below that can provide robust, dependable aeration for a variety of fracking pond settings. Need something more customized? Be sure to contact us and see if we can create something to fit your specific needs.
All of our systems provide the following...
- Robust mixing—Aggressive sub-surface aeration, creates a draft that pulls water and liquefied organic matter up from the floor, thoroughly churning and circulating the entire water column to keep solids in suspension and prevent sludge accumulation.
- Efficient aeration—Fine bubble diffusers maximize oxygen transfer efficiency while minimizing energy consumption.
- Easy installation—Self-weighted and portable, our aerators are quickly installed from the surface with no system downtime.
- Low maintenance—Our systems have no submerged moving parts to clog or malfunction. The anti-fouling design, with self-checked diffusers and self-cleaning EPDM membranes, means maintenance is kept to a minimum.
- Energy efficiency—Sub-surface aerators are 30–50% more energy efficient than surface aerators, reducing energy demands and expense.